Location: Carrara, Gold Coast
ARE YOU A QUALIFIED VETERINARY NURSE WHO WANTS TO EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL SET IN EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE, BUT AFRAID YOU DON’T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE?
We are expanding our veterinary nursing team and have permanent part-time Nurse Development Program position working in the Pet ICU department at our Carrara hospital on the delightful Gold Coast. We are seeking motivated, experienced nurses who wish to further their abilities and are driven toward success. At the completion of this program, there is the potential to advance into a core ICU nurse position.
AES is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres. The hospital is equipped with full in-house laboratory including blood gas analysis, digital X-Ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and on-site access to CT, helping our ICU department provide world class, specialised treatment for critical patients.
Between our clinical experts, support staff and facilities, we practice emergency medicine at an international standard. Together, we are committed to delivering high quality veterinary medicine and gold standard patient care. You will be provided with full ICU training, including development programs – practical and theory based, to ensure a diverse skill set.
AES offers above the award competitive wages with paid study hours to be included in your remuneration package.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Observing and learning new processes and procedures for from the ICU team members
- Assisting ICU nurses in performing specialised, high quality procedures for acute and chronic critical patients which can include severe trauma, complex medical and surgical cases and mechanical ventilation.
- Developing excellent relationships with both clients and veterinarians.
- Working within the ICU department as a team member providing advanced diagnostics and treatment.
- Ensuring the hospital offers optimum care to their patients.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor in Veterinary Technology.
- A minimumof 2 years nursing experience is essential.
- A keen interest and enthusiasm in performing high quality veterinary nursing care for critical patients (acute and chronic cases).
- Interest in severe trauma and complex medical and surgical cases.
- Interest in learning the art of mechanical ventilation.
- A passion for providing excellent patient care and a drive for continuing education.
- Outstanding relationship building skills and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- The ability to do shift work, 3-4 days/week over a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays.
If you are a highly motivated person, work well as part of a team and have an interest in emergency and critical care please email your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org GCVNI2011.
Please advise in your covering letter your availability to work shifts that are rostered across a 7 day a week roster, including weekends and public holidays.