- Part-Time/Full-Time positions available
- Diverse and challenging caseload
- Comprehensive training and career development
- Suitable for vets with one or more years of veterinary experience
- Competitive remuneration + super depending on experience and qualifications
Are you looking to expand your emergency skills? With people who genuinely care about you and your growth? It can all start with a few small clicks…
Animal Emergency Service (AES) on the Gold Coast is an expanding practice on the look-out for Veterinarians who are passionate, motivated and willing to go above and beyond for their patients.
AES is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres. Our practice is equipped with everything you need to provide quality, emergency care for our patients from 6pm to 8am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays. Whether you’re looking for a lifestyle change or want to further your education with leading veterinarian’s…. we want to be part of your journey!
Your Career and Training
We want to help YOU get the most from your career by supporting your growth from the very first shift. Whether you are just starting out in your career, finishing an internship, or looking to advance into emergency care, we want to give you the tools to excel.
Don’t be intimidated by emergency medicine! We have comprehensive training plans and support systems in place so that even if you haven’t worked in the emergency field before, you will find the experience life-changing. From the moment you join the team, you will be provided with a training program that gradually allows you to become confident with handling any case that comes through the door.
Additional training and clinical resources provided:
- You are enrolled in the 15-week ‘Animal Emergency Service Accelerated Emergency Program’ run by our sister company, Improve International, which is the only program of its kind in the world. Upon completion, you will gain a Foundation Certificate in Emergency & Critical Care accreditation (FCert ECC post-nominals).
- For those who are more advanced, Emergency and Critical care courses are also available to help you attain ANZCVS memberships.
- Monthly real-life surgery training days where you are taught anaesthetics and surgical principles in a safe learning environment.
- Vet Vault clinical podcasts covering the fundamentals of what’s new in the fields of internal medicine, emergency and critical care, surgery and more
Although clinical standards mean everything to us, wellbeing is another huge area of focus for our teams. We have wellbeing committees across our practices who work on different initiatives including team walks, recycling, yoga and meditation, group events, and support groups. We also have an Employee Assistance program available to all team members and their immediate family for any personal or work-related concerns you may have.
We are looking for dedicated Veterinarians who either love this branch of veterinary medicine or are looking for an alternative career path. Candidates who are currently completing an internship or have MANZCVS qualifications in veterinary critical care are highly encouraged to apply, although it is not a required pre-requisite.
- Competitive remuneration + super based on experience and qualifications.
- 4 weeks annual leave + 1 week paid continuing education leave.
- Memberships scholarship for the right candidate.
- Support with continuing your education which could include Improve International memberships preparation course or leadership training.
- We are dedicated to supporting your wellbeing – we have a committee that organises events and other initiatives as well as an Employee Assistance Program that all team members and their immediate family can access!
- A team of people who genuinely care about your wellbeing and success.
- Flexible work schedule and hours.
- Relocation assistance.
We would love to be part of your career journey. Emergency vet work isn’t the career for everyone, but three years with us will set you up for wherever you want to go. Feel free to contact some of our vets below if you would like to discuss anything in further detail:
- Dr Alvaro Jordan (BVSc (Hon)), Senior Veterinarian, on 0422 140 157 or email@example.com
- Dr Courtney Reddrop (BSc Biol (Hons) BSc BVMS MANZCS (ECC)), Veterinary ECC Resident, on 0415 065 967 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the position above please email your resume to email@example.com, citing the reference number GCVET2010, or use the application form below.