- 2x part-time positions available with family friendly hours
- Suitable for veterinarians with a minimum of two years clinical experience at any time since graduation, even if you’ve been out of practice for several years
- Comprehensive CE designed to help you re-enter small animal clinical practice after 3 months
- Competitive remuneration + super depending on experience and qualifications
Have you taken a break from the clinical practice and are worried you don’t have the skills needed to step back in? Looking for a structured, practical program that prepares you to be practice-ready in 3 months?
Take a look at our ‘Returnship’ Program below!
Animal Emergency Service (AES) on the Gold Coast is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres. Our practice is equipped with everything needed to provide quality, emergency care for our patients from 6pm to 8am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.
Whether you’re returning from parental leave or want to further your education with leading Veterinarians….we want to be part of your return journey!
The Returnship Program was specifically designed to refresh veterinarians for return to practice after time away from clinical work (for things such as parental leave or personal reasons) in a structured and mentored environment. We recognise that coming back to clinical practice can be intimidating and a little overwhelming, especially when you feel that your knowledge and practical skills are a bit rusty.
However, our 3-month Returnship Program will provide you with the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to allow you to become confident with handling any case that comes through the door.
Program and Training outline:
- You will be provided with 2 hours of paid training every week to give you up-to-date clinical knowledge as well as personal and professional development.
- You will also be rostered for 3 mentored and PAID shifts per fortnight with after-hours, family-friendly times to help gradually reintroduce you back to the work environment. That’s 34 hours of paid work per fortnight (including training)!
- One-on-one mentoring during rostered shifts with an experienced mentor for practical, case-based training during real emergency shifts.
- Access to Vet Vault clinical podcasts and additional company tutorials covering the fundamentals of what’s new in the fields of internal medicine, emergency and critical care, surgery and more.
Although clinical standards mean everything to us, wellbeing is another huge area of focus for our teams. We have wellbeing committees across our practices who work on different initiatives including team walks, recycling, yoga and meditation, group events and support groups (including the ‘Parenting Support Group’). We also have an Employee Assistance program available to all team members and their immediate family for any personal or work-related concerns you may have.
We are excited to be offering two scholarships for our 3-month Returnship Program. Upon completion of the 3-month program, you may be able to graduate as a permanent member of our team, or you can take the skills you have learnt back into other areas of clinical practice:
- Competitive remuneration + super based on experience and qualifications.
- 3-month Returnship Program.
- Support with continuing your education including the training outlined above.
- A team of people who genuinely care about your wellbeing and success.
- Family friendly hours.
We recognise that the veterinary profession is facing some real challenges at the moment. Animal Emergency Australia is committed to our profession, and this is our way of helping contribute toward a solution. We are confident that this program will help give you the confidence and skills necessary to excel in any small animal clinic practice setting. If you would like further information about the program, please reach out:
- Dr Lisa Brumby (BVSc), Veterinary Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to apply for the scholarship above, please submit your application below or email email@example.com quoting reference number GCRP2107.