Our Emergency Veterinary Fees
We understand an unexpected trip to the vet is an emotional time for you and your family and the emergency vet cost may catch you off guard financially. We are committed to discussing your options for the best and most affordable pet treatment for your situation.
A vet consultation fee will apply. Our fees are competitively priced and are determined by the running costs and resources needed for your special family members.
Consultations occurring on public holidays will attract a surcharge. Payment is required at the conclusion of the consultation.
Hospital and emergency vet
Please note, a surcharge applies on public holidays.
- A skilled and experienced emergency veterinarian will perform a full physical exam on your pet
- Your vet will discuss with you their recommended treatment plan for your pet based on the findings of the examination
- Your vet will then go through details of what you can expect during your pet’s treatment and stay in hospital and answer any questions you may have
- An estimate of how much any treatment plans discussed will cost will be presented to you
- Your vet will also provide clinical notes to your primary veterinarian so they are kept up to date about your pet’s health
You will always make the decisions about your pet’s treatment
If your pet’s condition includes a hospital stay, you’ll be required to pay a deposit of the estimated treatment cost to the hospital.
Your veterinary team will discuss any unexpected complications or longer hospital stays with you if they arise and are committed to working within your budgeted limitations.
The remainder of the treatment cost will be payable on the collection of your pet at the end of their stay in hospital.
Your vet will discuss the cost with you before treatment takes place unless it’s an emergency situation.
We have a number of payment options available, including:
American Express unable to be accepted at our Hobart hospital
Secure online payment gateway
Accepted at all our hospitals except Carrara
We are thankful for the amazing team at VetPay who have considered many of our clients for finance when they are unexpectedly caught without pet insurance to cover the cost of the vet bill.
It’s quick and easy to apply for VetPay finance. And can be done on the spot with our Client Care Team after deciding your preferred treatment option.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands, waterways and skies across Australia. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past and present.